Virtual Field Trips + Presentations
The Freshkills Park Education team is pleased to offer virtual field trips and presentations for classes and groups who are not able to visit the landfill-to-park transformation in person. Our virtual education programming focuses on sustainability, waste management, grassland and wetland ecology, park development, and environmental restoration.
To plan a tour:
1. Review the Virtual Education Options
2. Request a tour using this link.
3. We will confirm your tour by e-mail within 1 week.
4. Prepare for your tour:
- Grassland Ecosystems Tour Teacher Guide
- Wetland Ecosystems Tour Teacher Guide
- Park Planner Tour Teacher Guide
- Trash & Sustainability Tour Teacher Guide
“Thanks for your wonderful presentation that opened our students’ eyes to the problem of waste management within NYC and beyond. A few students made it a point to tell us that it was the highlight of the week for them.” -High School Teacher
“The mix of video, VR, photos and a live demo was PERFECT. It felt like a true experience and not just another powerpoint…Thank you again — I had parents tell me that this was the best trip! “ -K-5 Science Teacher