Call for Submissions: Capturing Change Photography Contest
If you photographed Freshkills Park in 2018, you’re invited to submit your work to the first annual Capturing Change Photography Contest. We’re looking for photographs that illustrate Freshkills Park’s unique engineered landscape from all angles. Submissions will be accepted from January 3, 2019 to February 14, 2019, with winners announced in early March.
- Photographers can submit up to three (3) images.
- All images must have been taken at Freshkills Park during 2018.
- The images will be judged on four criteria: creativity, composition, content, and artistic merit.
- A first, second, and third place will be awarded. The first place photograph will be featured in Freshkills Park’s 2018 annual report.
- All finalists will be published on Freshkills Park’s website and social media.
This year’s judge is photographer Natalie Conn. Natalie was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. She studied photography and painting at The Cooper Union in New York City and completed an intensive graduate course in Documentary Photography at The Salt Institute in Portland Maine. Natalie is a freelance documentary photographer, specializing in portraits, video and radio production. She regularly photographs artists participating in the Freshkills Park: Field R/D residency.
Please submit photographs and requested information using the online submission form.
You can contact email@example.com with any questions.
About Capturing Change
With the Capturing Change photography series, photographers can document Freshkills Park across seasons as it transforms from landfill to park. Free tours provide access to otherwise closed sections of the site. Photographs from these excursions have been displayed in exhibitions and featured in various publications, including Urban Omnibus.