AIANY Industrial Waterfront Tour with Classic Harbor Line
The following tour information is provided by Classic Harbor Line:
Key Points about this Tour:
- 3.25 hrs
- $86 per person
- Co-hosted by the AIANY & leadership from Freshkills Park
- Travels through industrial waterways into Freshkills to see the development of what will be a city park 3 times the size of Central Park!
- One of the most remarkable land reclamation projects in the world.
- Includes light hors d’oeuvres and a complimentary beverage from the bar (beer, wine or champagne). Additional beverages are available for purchase by credit card only.
Cruise on the vibrant waterways of the Kill Van Kull and the Arthur Kill and into the heart of Freshkills Park in Staten Island on one of Classic Harbor Line’s luxury yachts.
The AIANY & Freshkills Park planners host this special Classic Harbor Line tour; the only public water tour into the Freshkills waterway.
Officially closed in 2001, Freshkills Park is the largest landfill to park transformation project in the world and when complete will be one of the largest parks in NYC. Its rolling grasslands, wetlands and waterways are already home to an abundance of birds, fish, and wildlife.
Highlights of this cruise include:
- A 3.25 hour round-trip excursion co-guided by the Freshkills Park Planners and the AIANY
- Experience a major shipping channel and see our industrial waterfront including the active ports of Bayonne & Newark Bay
- Hear about the history of Freshkills Landfill and how it is being made safe for the public
- Enjoy many close passes with giant tankers, container ships, dredge barges and tugs.
- Sweeping views of 4 full capped ‘mounds’ covered in vegetation and wild life
- You’ll enjoy unobstructed views from the covered and enclosed solarium or the open decks of one of Classic Harbor Line’s yachts. Cushioned seating, heat & AC, a fully stocked bar, and two well-appointed restrooms are available on each yacht.
What Is Not Included?
- Though light snacks will be provided by Classic Harbor Line, we do not provide a full meal. Guests are encouraged to bring a light picnic.
- Gratuity is not included unless you purchased the ‘Groups of 12 or more’ ticket type where a 15% gratuity is automatically applied. If you do end up obtaining 12 or more individual tickets by separate purchases, you will be contacted to make an advance payment of a 15% Group Gratuity.
- Chelsea Piers, near 22nd St. on the Hudson River (Manhattan, NY)
(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)
General FAQs about all Classic Harbor Line excursions.
Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
Activity takes place rain or shine.
The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
About Classic Harbor Line
Dedicated to helping locals and visitors alike enjoy the unique wonders of New York City, Classic Harbor Line hopes for the privilege of escorting you on a relaxing, inspiring, and breathtaking cruise through the waters we proudly call home. Our five classic yachts — the Schooner Adirondack and the Schooner America 2.0 (our sailboats), and the Luxury Yacht Manhattan, Manhattan II and Kingston (our motorized yachts) are reminiscent of the classic boats that cruised the NYC waters in the past two centuries.