We’re Hiring! Seasonal Programming Associate Position
The Freshkills Park Development team is seeking a motivated and energetic candidate to deliver the park’s seasonal calendar of activities & events. The Seasonal Programming Associate will help coordinate and lead hiking, kayaking, canoeing, birding, special events, and tours at a one of a kind park. The Programming Associate will be an ambassador for the park, tasked with sharing the City’s vision for the future at Freshkills Park with the general public. This position will also include assisting staff with digital communications and outreach initiatives.
Expected Duration: Approximately May 15 to November 15
Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday with some evenings and weekends
Office Location: 100 Gold Street, New York, NY
- Under supervision, perform responsible work in the planning, coordination and evaluation of recreational programming for Freshkills Park.
- Organize, schedule, publicize, and lead public programs for the general public including: hiking, kayaking, photography, birding, and group/public tours.
- Assist in organizing and conducting public/special events at Freshkills Park including races, sporting events, arts events, and festivals.
- Distribute promotional and educational materials about the park and upcoming events.
- Create promotional and educational materials about the park and upcoming events.
- Assist in development of material for blog posts/social media and other communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science, urban planning, environmental studies or related.
- Event and facilities management experience.
- Proven outdoor leadership experience; physical ability to hike, kayak in challenging conditions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To learn about former seasonal staff and intern projects, see the Freshkills Park Faces series.