An archive of selected press coverage. For press inquiries, contact the NYC Parks Press Office.
- “Where Coyotes, Foxes and Bobolinks Find a New Home: Freshkills Park,” Joe Trezzo, The New York Times.
- “Move over bald eagle, the grasshopper sparrow is moving in,” Kathryn Carse, SI Live.
- “Rare Birds on Display as Landfill-Turned-Park Opens for One Day,” Nicholas Rizzi, DNAinfo.
- “Staten Islanders get sneak peek of Freshkills Park during Discovery Day,” Kristin Falton, SI Live.
- “Races at Freshkills offer runners unique course, great views.” Lisa Swan, SI Live.
- “Former Fresh Kills Landfill Breeding New Life.” Aaron Dickens, NY1.
- “New York’s Fresh Kills Landfill Gets an Epic Facelift.” Elizabeth Royte, Audubon Magazine.
- “6 ways to discover Freshkills Park’s ‘Epic Facelift.'” Kathryn Carse, SI Live.
- “Fly a kite, spy a hawk: Celebrate Spring in Freshkills Park.” Kathryn Carse, SI Live.
- “Ride Down Freshkills Kill.” Julia Christie, Oculus
- “New Yorker Spotlight: Eloise Hirsh on Turning the Fresh Kills Landfill into a Thriving Park.”Susan Cohen, 6sqft.com.
- “From landfill to live music: Bands added to Staten Island’s Freshkills Park festival.” Lauren Steussy, SI Live.
- “Freshkills Park: Once a Landfill, Now a Lush Landscape.” Ben Adler, Architectural Record.
- “Landfill Reclaimation: Fresh Kills Park Develops as a Natural Coastal Buffer and Parkland for Staten Island.” Irina Vinnitskaya, Arch Daily.
- “Power Freshkills Park with Art.” Jared Green, The Dirt.
- “To Tackle an Invasive Weed, Bringing In the Hooved Pros.” Lisa W. Foderaro, New York Times.
- “The Transformation of Freshkills Park From Landfill to Landscape.” Jimmy Stamp, The Smithsonian Magazine.